We Install CCTV & Alarms In Your Home Or Office.
An alarm or closed-circuit television or CCTV system are a key investment for all properties, as it allows you to deter or monitor your property even when away. There are many benefits of installing a CCTV system including the following:
- Discouraging criminal activity – Thieves are generally deterred when they see cameras and alarms;
- Reducing insurance premiums – When you invest in CCTV or alarms, it lowers your risk of burglary. This means that you are less likely to have claims and your insurance may charge you a reduced premium;
- Increases peace of mind – Being able to monitor what’s happening in your property provides an increased sense of security;
- Provides evidence – CCTV systems provide evidence which can be used in insurance claims or to assist in Police investigations;
- In case of theft or any other incident you are able to give proof and therefore you can easily claim from the insurance. You are also able to provide information to the police making their work easier.
- An alarm alerts those nearby that something is happening at your premises and once set off burglars are less likely to stay inside so don't have time to look for more valuables.
What cost is involved?
The process and cost of installing a CCTV system or alarm will depend on the type and the quality of add-ons like cameras. Wired cameras cost less for the parts but the installation fee is higher while wireless cameras are expensive but attract a very minimal installation fee.
The best idea is to arrange a quote from us so that we can provide recommendations on the system which is best suited to your property, your needs and your budget. Alarms and CCTV installed together create a massive deterrent for any would-be criminals lurking around.
What is involved in getting CCTV or an alarm installed?
Our technicians will consider and discuss the following issues with you, prior to carrying out any installation:
- Positioning the camera – It is critical to ensure the camera is located appropriately so that you do not get reversed images.
- Choosing the best location – It is important to ensure that the camera is not affected by direct sunlight as this will obscure the view during sunny days. It is also critical to locate the camera where there are no view obstructions.
- Knowing the camera range before purchasing – It is important that the camera has sufficient range to maintain its operation and avoid errors.
- Using enough cameras or sensors for your property – Installing enough cameras to ensure that the whole of your property is able to be monitored.
- Choosing a power source – A wired CCTV camera should have a battery in case of power outage. For wireless cameras always ensure you have extra batteries.
- Activating alerts – Since you may not always keep monitoring your CCTV, it is helpful to receive SMS/email notifications you when the system captures movement.
- Avoiding hackers – Always use a password so that the CCTV system is not easily hacked.
- Ensuring stability – It is important to install the CCTV to a suitable surface so that it is stable.
- CCTV is a worthy investment and can save you much money and trouble.
- Alarms can be set so you know which staff members has accessed the building and when.
Britlock Locksmiths are expert CCTV installers
If you are thinking of installing a CCTV system, call Britlock Locksmiths on 0418 163 735 or contact us by email at email@example.com or by our online enquiry form.
We can attend your property to clarify your requirements and recommend the system which best meets your needs.