Are your business premises properly secured?
If your business premises does not have a master key system, you may well be compromising the security of your business. This is true whether you own a large factory, small office block, retail outlet, restaurant or bar, really anywhere that staff and suppliers are coming and going. Even more so if it’s a place with a high turnover of personnel or where the property is visited regularly by members of the public.
From our experience, not having a master key system can also negatively impact on insurance claims.
What is a master key system and why is it so important?
A Master Key System comprises a hierarchy of keys and a number of cylinders/locks that allow different groups or individual key holders to gain access to all or specifically designated areas of a building or buildings. Put simply, a master keyed lock is a lock that is designed to be opened by individual keys, but can also be opened by using a master key.
There are many benefits of a master key system, but the overriding one is that access can be controlled, allowing appropriate people access to defined parts of the building. Other benefits include:
- A master key system or Restricted System, use security key blanks which are specifically designed keys which can only be obtained/copied only by the Locksmith business which designed the system, and only then with authorisation from the Building’s owner or authorised nomined.
- Locks are more secure as the restricted key-way reduces the chance of accidental opening with the wrong key
- Restricted security key blanks are patent protected (design registered) therefore key manufacturers are not allowed to produce copies of that design
- Individuals can have access to more doors using only a minimum number of keys
- A master key system is a dynamic entity and as your business/organisation changes, a well-planned master key system should be able to adapt to changing requirements
- Accurate records of keys and who has them can be easily kept and maintained, eliminating the possibility of duplicate keys being made without authorisation.
If you don’t already have a master key system at your workplace, please give us a call.
We will come and assess your needs and put the system into place. Once you have a master key system set up you never have to worry about it again. It’s worth it for peace of mind and the security of your business security.
Our mobile team is fast and friendly and we offer reasonable rates. So if you need any assistance, contact Britlock Locksmiths on 9888 9622 or 0418 163 735. You can also visit our website at www.britlock.com.au